Working Artists Forum
The Working Artist Forum (WAF) is accepting applications for membership from professional artists working in two-dimensional, hand-executed art created in one or more of the following mediums: Acrylic, Charcoal, Colored Pencil, Crayon, Graphite, Gouache, Ink, Oil, Pastel, Tempera, Watercolor.
WAF Members are practicing artists with a high level of art education, expertise, and experience in the visual arts. They are also expected to volunteer and work for the organization (including shows/exhibits in which they participate), attend meetings regularly, pay dues and support the efforts of the WAF. ProBono work for the community is encouraged. Professional expertise of members is fostered through programs, group critiques, demonstrations, workshops and member exhibitions. A Maryland State Sales & Use tax number is required to participate in WAF shows.
Application Process and Instructions:
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, September 10. Applications MUST be signed by a sponsoring WAF member in good standing.
- Art submitted for jury must be original, created in the above listed art medium(s). No copies or giclees are allowed and may not infringe upon any copyright. The work must have been completed within the past two years and may not have been done in a workshop nor in a class. Applicants must submit the following:
-Three recent original pieces of artwork properly framed
-One original drawing in black and white also properly framed
Each piece must have the following information attached to the back of the artwork: Artist’s Name, Art Medium, and Phone Number.
- Deliver the four pieces of artwork to the Drawing Studio at the Academy Art Museum of Easton on Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Doors will close promptly at 10:30 a.m. No deliveries will be accepted after this time.
- Bring your completed application (even though a copy was emailed to the Membership Committee Chair) and the $45 membership fee by check made payable to WAF with your art. If you are not accepted, your membership fee check will be returned to you via USPS mail.
- A five-person selection panel of WAF members will independently evaluate submissions from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. using the following criteria (see separate detailed definition of each category):
Consistency in Quality/Presentation
- Pickup artwork from 11:30 to 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 12. Notification of membership (accepted or declined) will be by email.