Working Artists Forum
Membership Application, 2022 – Applications for 2022 Membership are Now Closed
Please apply during the 2023 membership period beginning August 1, 2023
The Working Artist Forum (WAF) is accepting applications for membership from professional artists working in two-dimensional, hand-executed art created in one or more of the following mediums: Acrylic, Charcoal, Colored Pencil, Crayon, Graphite, Ink, Oil, Pastel, Tempera, Watercolor.
WAF Members are practicing artists with a high level of education, expertise, and experience in the visual arts. They are also expected to work for the organization, attend meetings regularly, pay dues and support the efforts of the WAF. Pro-Bono work for the community is encouraged. Professional expertise of members is fostered through programs, group critiques, demonstrations, workshops and member exhibitions. A Maryland State Sales & Use tax number is required to participate in WAF shows.
New Member Screening: Tuesday, September 13, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Academy Art Museum of Easton, in the Second Floor Drawing Studio
Application Process and Instructions:
- Email completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, September 12. Applications MUST be signed by a sponsoring WAF member in good standing.
- Art submitted for jury must be original created in the above listed art medium(s). No copies or giclees are allowed and may not infringe upon any copyright. The work must have been completed within the past two years and may not have been done in a workshop nor in a class. Applicants must submit the following:
-Three recent original pieces of artwork properly framed
-One original drawing also properly framed (preferably in black and white)
Each piece must have the following information attached to the back of the artwork: Artist’s Name, Art Medium, and Phone Number.
- Deliver the four pieces of artwork to the Drawing Studio at the Academy Art Museum of Easton on Tuesday, September 13, 2022, 10 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Doors will close promptly at 11 a.m. No applications will be accepted after this time.
- Bring your completed application (even though a copy was emailed to the Membership Committee Chair) and the $45 membership fee by check made payable to WAF with art when delivered. If you are not accepted, your membership fee check will be returned to you via USPS mail.
- A five-person selection panel will independently evaluate submissions from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. using the following criteria:
-Consistency in Quality/Presentation
- Pickup artwork from 12:30 to 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 13. Notification of membership (accepted or declined) will be by email.
For current members only:
Membership Dues Payment: